The Charlotte Research Institute (CRI) focuses on the expanding of entrepreneurship through entrepreneurial development programs and business start-up services. The Charlotte Research Institute campus is home to a number of innovative university spin-out companies and works with faculty and researchers on commercialization efforts.
CRI drives economic growth by developing new research capacity, university partnerships with regional and national enterprises, and innovative high-growth companies.
What we do:
- Champion community entrepreneurship & economic development
- Provide faculty and researchers with commercialization assistance
- Conduct the Charlotte Venture Challenge Start-up Competition
- Accelerate University start-up and spin-out companies
Key Supporting Resources:
- Office of Technology Transfer
- Small Business Technology Development Center (SBTDC)